Cabin Air Filter Service Near Seaside, CA
Cabin Air Filter Service & Replacement at Premier Chevrolet of Seaside
The cabin air filter, which is standard on most late-model automobiles, cleans the air that enters the cabin via the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system. It collects airborne particles that can make driving in a car uncomfortable, especially if you have allergies or other respiratory issues. If you live in the greater Salinas, Santa Cruz, or Monterey areas, you can take advantage of the expertise of the pros here at Premier Chevrolet of Seaside to get your cabin air filter updated right away!
What is a Cabin Air Filter?
The cabin air filter is located behind the glove compartment on most automobiles and is responsible for filtering air that enters the vehicle’s cabin via the heating and air conditioning system. This piece of equipment is essential for maintaining healthy air quality throughout your vehicle, as it filters out contaminants such as:
- Mold Spores
A clogged cabin air filter will eventually occur no matter what, which will affect the interior air quality of your car for you and your passengers.
When Should the Cabin Air Filter be Replaced?
The frequency with which you should replace your cabin air filter is determined by the make, model, and year of your vehicle, so consult your owner’s handbook for further information. However, most cabin air filters should be updated every 15,000 to 30,000 miles in most cases. Any of the following may also indicate problems with your cabin air filter.
- Reduced airflow when the A/C is turned on
- Increasing dust or debris throughout the cabin
- Lingering unpleasant odors
Even if you don’t have any of these warnings, you should check your air filter at least once a year, and you might be able to do it yourself because it is relatively easy to check.
How to Change Your Cabin Air Filter
- Check your owner’s manual for further information. You can locate your vehicle’s air filter here and this will help you determine how easy or difficult it should be to replace.
- The cabin air filter is generally beneath the glove box or under the hood and should be easily accessible. If it’s beneath the dashboard, though, it can be more difficult, and professional assistance may be needed.
- Wear gloves and a mask to protect yourself from airborne debris and avoid going too close.
- Remove the old air filter and replace it with a fresh, clean one.
Cabin Air Filter Importance
If you’d rather leave it to the pros, cabin air filter changes aren’t prohibitively expensive, with components and labor costs ranging from $40 to $80. A working cabin air filter is critical for keeping pollutants out of a vehicle’s interior. A dirty or clogged cabin air filter will not filter such particles, producing problems for persons with allergies or breathing difficulties. If you reside in a region with a lot of trees, replacing your cabin air filter in February, before spring allergy season begins, is a decent rule of thumb.
Contact us today or schedule an appointment online and let our service professionals get your vehicle fixed up and totally serviced today!